[App_rpt-users] usb radio config file

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Tue Jan 5 20:22:18 UTC 2010

(Asterisk version 0.208)

Struggling with a new DMK URI and first time use of asterisk, in a test
setup with an HT as the audio source.

My conclusion is that Asterisk needs to have the CTCSS present no matter
what?

Settings are:

carrierfrom=usbinvert
ctcssfrom=no
rxdemod=speaker
txprelim=no
txtoctype=notone    ; no - CTCSS tone encoding with no hang time

It took me a while to figure out that "invert" means that the COR relay is
closed when the signal appears (I would have thought this was not-invert).

My tests show that the repeater function does not key up unless both the COR
and CTCSS are present.  One, or the other, does not do it.  This is not what
I expected when I selected "no" for the "ctcssfrom" parameter.

On the other hand, even when you select 'no" for the "txctcss" it still
transmits a tone, so maybe it is consistent.

Second issue:  The loudest playback sounds cause the URI to go into
saturation and distort. I may not have calibrated the levels very carefully,
but even if I manually lower the txlevel setting from 800 down to, say, 300
it still distorts - it's just a quieter distortion. What can cause this?

Here are the tune settings:

[usb]
; name=usb
; devicenum=0