[App_rpt-users] usb radio config file

David Powell-Williams dpowellwilliams at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 5 23:26:26 UTC 2010

<snip>
Second issue:  The loudest playback sounds cause the URI to go into
saturation and distort. I may not have calibrated the levels very carefully,
but even if I manually lower the txlevel setting from 800 down to, say, 300
it still distorts - it's just a quieter distortion. What can cause this?
<snip>

I have the same problem with a modified CM108 usb installation.

After setting all the 'radio tune' parameters, there is serious distortion
on voice modulation peaks, irrespective of the source being Iaxrpt or
another node.

However, the 'radio tune txvoice' generates a perfect sine wave at 3 KHz
deviation, as seen on an oscilloscope at the exciter modulator or on a
service monitor off-air.  I am using duplex=0 in rpt.conf since the node
operates simplex.

Dave
VE7MQ
2140