[App_rpt-users] drop outs and ping pong

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Fri Jan 8 01:38:55 UTC 2010

If these are both simplex nodes and you are running app_rpt version
2.10, try adding rxondelay=25 in /etc/asterisk/usbradio.conf on both
nodes. Be sure to restart asterisk on both machines after making this
change.

The other problem is most likely Internet related.

Steve
WA6ZFT

-> thanks for the reply Steve. This is version 0.208 - perhaps in my
version this parameter has no effect? It seemed not to do anything.
Would it be worth getting the update installed?

To clarify - these are two nodes in the same computer. They are both
configured as DUPLEX as they are intended to control two repeaters
(someday).  What I am intending to test is the linking of the two
repeaters together.

I get the pingpong effect even if I connect in the monitor-only mode.
And it doesn't matter if I connect node 2 to node 1, or do it the other
way around.

Ken
KE2N