[App_rpt-users] Amateur Radio Simulator

Babar Abbas abbas.babar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 13:29:36 UTC 2010

Hi,
     I got the thing right, this time I guess. The basic concept of app_rpt is:

       To provide VOIP as a channel of communication to remote
distances where Radio Signals cannot reach, but VOIP can. Normally we
use Repeaters and Remote Bases but using Internet is cost effective
and is an alternative. After all it's for Amateur Radio's so special
equipment is needed and interfaced to the PC, there by, getting the
Radio Internet signals interchanged.

       Now in my application all I need to do is conference call at
all frequencies, between computers. No where I need a transceiver to
do the call. So no repeater controllers needed, no Remote Base Nodes
needed.

       I think this simple scenario can be done with, Asterisk
Conference Configuration. If I need to configure frequencies, the
channels of Asterisk can be used. Means channels dedicated to all
frequencies.

      Later If I needed to telecast, from computer to repeater, or
Base Station, or radio Station, there I might need app_rpt.

     Thanks for your time and help.

--
Regards,
Babar Abbas.