[App_rpt-users] Connect notifications via AGI or System scripts

Keith Williamson hkwilliamson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 04:04:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

Recently, I got reverse autopatch configured on my simplex node (2541) and
everything works great. In the shack, I have a Polycom IP501 speaker phone
that I use to monitor or connect into QSO's on the node. Out of the shack, I
can call into the node using my Blackberry and do the same. So the next
challenge is to get quick notifications of users connecting into the node
either via radio or Internet (Echolink and Allstar..no IRLP yet). I created
a pair of Twitter accounts; one for the node and another for me personally.
I added my node's Twitter account to the ones I follow with my personal
account and created an AGI scripts that formats a curl command which posts
some of the context variables passed in when Asterisk invokes the script
(context name, extension, callerid, etc). I then added the AGI call into
various extension stanzas in extensions.conf to test. If, for instance, I do
a reverse autopatch and connect to the reverse autopatch "extension", I
almost immediately get an SMS tweet on the Blackberry.  Great. However, it
seems that connections via the radio are not processed in any way in
extensions.conf (thought [default] stanza would apply but apparently only
applies to autopatch), and inbound connections from either Allstar or
Echolink, while processed through [radio-secure], hang on the AGI call and
don't proceed to the following call to rpt. I'm assuming this is because AGI
calls generally follow an "Answer" and are only valid in the connected
state. I tried "deadAGI" since it doesn't seems to be dependent on being in
the answered state but it hung the same way. It's possible I've got a
problem in the AGI script which is causing the hang but it certainly doesn't
occur when the AGI call follows "Answer".

So I'm looking for help to understand other possible ways to invoke a script
that calls curl to post the tweet when a radio user makes an outbound
connection to Allstar or Echolink and when an Echolink or Allstar user
connects in to the radio.

Ideas?

Thanks and 73's

Keith