[App_rpt-users] Working remote base config? - IC-706MKIIG ?

Neil Addis (WA5JXY) wa5jxy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 22:38:38 UTC 2010

Anyone have a functioning remote base rpt.config file for a
IC-706MKIIG you can email me?

I'm having a heck of a time getting app_rpt to work with my Icom 706
MKIIG as a remote base.

The USB is working ok, but the serial commands aren't making it to the
rig via the serial port.
I know the serial cable is good since I used it to control the rig
with Windows software in the past.

I've checked the CI-V (68) is set in both the .conf as well as in the
rig. Port speed in the 706 is set to 9600.
Am I entering the commands via command line incorrectly?
I've checked the serial ports via dmesg, etc.
Even loaded another PC with a fresh install and no success yet.
Do you have to have two ports? One as a repeater, one as a remote base?
I'm trying to set it up as just one port as a remote base.
The registration is set to "y".

Maybe a real working rpt.conf for a IC-706MKIIG will help. I've
googled several samples but still haven't got it to talk to the rig.

Thanks in advance!
Neil