[App_rpt-users] Disabling Echo link announcements on non- Echo link nodes down stream

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat Jul 17 17:30:19 UTC 2010

Hello, I have a question. If a non Echolink node is connected to another
node that has chan_echolink setup and a Echolink connection comes into
that node, is there a way to disable the Echolink connect and disconnect
messages on the node that is connected down stream that doesn't have
Echolink?

If the connect messages are disabled on the Echolink node, does that
disable the connect messages on the downstream node too or will it
announce there since the telemetry is sent down stream?

Or do the messages need to disabled on all connected nodes regardless?

I guess the same rules would also apply for chan_IRLP too?
Thanks,

Jon VA3RQ