[App_rpt-users] two computer sub net

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Tue Jul 20 13:49:15 UTC 2010

Ken wrote:
> I am guessing that if you have your asterisk system divided into two computers, you need to use two different port numbers for IAX to work.
> ?
> I think I read this in some posting that I can no longer?find.
> ?
> The default is port 4569,?so I suppose the second one might be 4570 or 4568?
> ?
> Can I ask a system admin to arrange for 27061 to use a different port and let me know where to change the port number in my set up?
> ?
> Thanks
> Ken
> ?
> PS: how about a feature - default secondary port number that can be used without special intervention?

Secondary port numbers are typically assigned as port 4568. The allstar database needs to be told to to use secondary
node number on a node-by-node basis.

To request a change, please send a message to me containing your node number and some way for me to verify you indeed
were granted this node number (typically the node password) off-list.

Steve
WA6ZFT