[App_rpt-users] Macros and ID's

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Wed Jul 21 02:53:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

A couple observations; I wonder if anyone else has noticed these, or if I'm forgetting something important. This is with app_rpt version 0.254:

ID's:

If someone is long-winded (I've noticed this only with incoming links on Echolink, so not sure if it can be generalized), the standard ID plays over whoever is talking, even if talkover ID is set. So, I have a sound file for my regular ID, and a morse string for talkover ID. If the voice ID starts and someone keys up, as expected, the morse ID takes over. However, if polite ID expires and some ratchet jaw is still ratchet jawing I guess, the regular ID, rather than the talkover ID, plays.

Macros:

Apparently, macros at least don't like having the digits A, B, C, or D in them, nor do they appear to like being started with a 0 digit. I just thought of this, does the leading 0 indicate a shortcut everywhere (i.e. "last connected node), or is that just for connect/disconnect?

Any light that might be shed on this stuff is much appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY