[App_rpt-users] can App_Rpt decode SAME weather codes?

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Thu Jul 22 19:02:50 UTC 2010

I guess its not supported. (SAME-Specific Area Message Encoding)

Ok I was just wondering. I have a S.A.M.E. decoder board from Cat
controllers. its the WD-100.

http://www.catauto.com/wd100.html

I'm going to wire it up to a VHF GE Phoenix. And connect it to a Ast
node fob.

This way it has a little more smarts in the decoder but what we need is
some hardware I/O control from the AST box.

Is there any hardware I/O supported in App _Rpt like parallel pin
twiddling or serial port pins?

I think the decoder can be controlled via DTMF so maybe get the node to
generate DTMF commands as macros.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Jon