[App_rpt-users] can App_Rpt decode SAME weather codes?

David KE6UPI dshaw at ke6upi.com
Fri Jul 23 17:16:12 UTC 2010

First look at this link.

http://www.cfreeze.com/trac/stormsiren/

This might make writing the code easier.

Hey Kan, Sorry if my last email was a little hard. Yep I under stand that
you want the S.A.M.E. alert to trigger a different courtesy tone. I don't
write the code for APP_RPT but lets look at what you and others would want
for the S.A.M.E. alert.

When the S.A.M.E. alert is triggered

1) Record the alert so it can be played back by a dial plan or connect to a
Rx radio with updated info.
2) Connect to a node and Tx the audio alert (maybe use a different PL code)
3) Text to speech for the coded message.
4) Program more then one S.A.M.E. alert code
5) Allow admins to configure S.A.M.E. alert code to connect to different
nodes.
6) Change courtesy tones.
7) Play coded message any 1-10 minutes. (TORNADO)
10) Dial plan to reset S.A.M.E. alert.

May guess is that if you have a S.A.M.E. alert radio and URI I would try to
fine the COS or COR and just play with that first. I would think that you
should be able to find a S.A.M.E. alert radio that has output for COS or COR
and the TEXT data. If you have that I think you could make it very simple
for the code writers.