[App_rpt-users] G'day mates -- New functionality for our Aussie friends

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 03:43:11 UTC 2010

First of all, congratulations on convincing your government into letting
you make outbound autopatch calls to your local PSTN. In honor or this
occasion, I have added a new parameter (the 'patchconnect' parameter
in the rpt.conf clause for each node) to specify a sound file that is
played both on the air and over the tele when the called party answers,
in order to address the regulatory issues involved with this in your country.

Its implemented in app_rpt version 0.250 which will be available on the SVN
server in about 1/2 hour from now.

You know, even though its not a requirement here in the USA, its not a bad
idea to use this feature to avoid potential embarrassment and/or potentially
jeopardizing ones license.  Just a thought...

JIM WB6NIL