[App_rpt-users] G'day mates -- New functionality for our Aussie friends

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at vkradio.com
Thu Jun 3 04:04:00 UTC 2010

At 01:43 PM 6/3/2010, Jim Duuuude wrote:
>First of all, congratulations on convincing your government into letting
>you make outbound autopatch calls to your local PSTN. In honor or this
>occasion, I have added a new parameter (the 'patchconnect' parameter
>in the rpt.conf clause for each node) to specify a sound file that is
>played both on the air and over the tele when the called party answers,
>in order to address the regulatory issues involved with this in your country.

Thanks for that Jim.  I'll look up the relevant rule, as I don't
believe it needs to be announced on air, but a generic autopatch
enabled message would be useful on air.  In any case, chances are a
different message would be appropriate on the air and over the phone
at the same time.

In any case, it means I can run a legitimate autopatch or reverse
autopatch easily.  I have a spare landline number too that could be
used for incoming calls, and I also have a suitable PCI card somewhere.

>You know, even though its not a requirement here in the USA, its not a bad
>idea to use this feature to avoid potential embarrassment and/or potentially
>jeopardizing ones license.  Just a thought...

Well, it is a good courtesy reminder for those on the phone. :)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com