[App_rpt-users] needed: Linux package building guru

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 05:05:11 UTC 2010

We are formulating a distribution of libshout/ezstream/lame for web streaming purposes
and have a problem with building from sources.

We are interested in building an 'ezstream' that only does mp3's. We dont care about ogg, vorbis,
or theora. Unfortunately, when you just load the latest libshout and ezstream source, ../confiugre
them and make install them, the ./configure script for ezstream dies claiming that libshout is not
installed (when it clearly is). My package builder dude at least found a kludge that required installing
some rpm's and stuff, but we would REALLY like to distribute just the sources so that it will be
able to be built on whatever. Obviously, the package install of libxml2-devel is desired and necessary
but all the rest of the yum/rpm stuff in there is a bunch of poo.

If you can help, please download: http://allstarlink.org/acid-stream.tar.gz. There is a 'doit.sh' file
in there that builds it in the current state. Although it works on ACID, we really would prefer doing
it right.

Thanks!!

JIM WB6NIL