[App_rpt-users] DTMF passthrough (silly question?)

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 05:34:58 UTC 2010

yes, but is "boops" an industry-standard term?? :-)

JIM

From: kb2ear at kb2ear.net
To: anthcp at gmail.com; ke2n at cs.com; app_rpt-users at qrvc.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 00:04:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] DTMF passthrough (silly question?)

  Thanks Ken for that parameter, thats exactly what we need!!!

  It does not appear to work in SVN--r732M, or
  maybe only when the linktolink is set to yes.

  Jim, The repeater setup does use TX CTCSS to control the access to the
  IRLP/echolink node.
  To prevent the repeater ident been sent we don't send the TX CTCSS during
  the repeater ident time etc
  I know this is not ideal but you can guess what my next questions
  is...

  Can we turn off TX CTCSS during the app_rpt ident period or only on
  during real user activity???

  Yes you can have PL only during RX of valid
  signal. See: itxctcss in the SVN code. Eliminates all beeps, boops and ids