[App_rpt-users] Port 4569 question - Multiple asterisk servers behind NAT ?

Neil Addis (WA5JXY) wa5jxy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 02:25:28 UTC 2010

I searched the archives (& google) for an answer to this. I've tried
everything I can on this end (other than replacing the router).
Anyone else have any insight?

I have two Asterisk servers running app_rpt, each with it's own node #.

One of them I have default port forwarding 4569 to the pc ip.
Everything works great!

The other I set up with different ip, and used port forward  (4563) to it's ip.
I then set my iax.conf to append the non-standard port to the
registration statement as follows;

register=Anodenum:password:4563 at register.allstarlink.org

I then checked the /var/lib/asterisk/rpt_extnodes to see if my
non-standard port is listed, but even after 24 hours it still shows
4569.

I tried bindport=4563 to no avail.
I also tried bindaddr=0.0.0.0:4563
I also tried bindaddr=192.168.1.106:4563

Is it a manual thing the allstarlink sysops have to do?

Is it possible to have multiple asterisk pc's behind a single  WAN ip
- with port forwarding?

Thanks!
Neil