[App_rpt-users] Kenwood Remote TRX

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 23:24:26 UTC 2010

Yes the D700A just needs a serial cable (although it needs to be
female-female straight thru, cause they used the wrong sex connector
on the Kenwood radio). Yep 9600 baud packet mode is perfict. You will
need to feed the URI output through the 2X amplifier since the Kenwood
takes boat-loads of audio to modulate it properly. Set carrier detect
and rxctcss to dsp and txmixa to voice. The radio makes its own CTCSS
on transmit.

I believe the V7 is the same as the TMG707 so it needs the magic circuitry.