[App_rpt-users] Iax_Rpt on Windows

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sun May 2 20:12:29 UTC 2010

Two months ago I tried IAX_rpt with my asterisk setup and found that the
on-the-air transmit level was way too low, no matter what I did at the GUI
client end (Windows XP).  A friend of mine tried it on his computer and got
the same result. (The current version 1.1.27).

The bar graph for the microphone level seems way too high for the audio
input, compared with other programs. The output bar graph seems to track the
repeater's audio, but the sound level being produced is low (again, compared
with other programs).  It's as if there is some fundamental scaling error in
the audio processing in IAX_rtp. I am wondering if other people are seeing
this. Or saw it and fixed it.

Posting something here resulted in a suggestion to post my observation at
the Xeletec web site - which I did - but after 8 weeks - no answer from
anyone over there.  In fact, no one is posting anything new over there at
all.

It's a nice tool but, in my experience, it's unusable due to bad audio
levels.

Ken

KE2N

Allstar 27021/27061