[App_rpt-users] Can you connect to a node just on the lan? (multihome? how?)

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Sun May 9 01:20:33 UTC 2010

I've got two nodes:

2586 and 27036

Both sit on the same LAN.

Is it possible to connect one to the other (link) them
over the LAN while they are still reachable from the
Internet via ALLSTAR public node list

You can see my attempt below that is failing across the LAN.
I don't know if it is failing because the same node number
is also in the public IP/ public nodelist.

Is there a way to 'locally' override the public node list
so it's number is reachable 'locally' via lan or VPN?

Or do local type nodes need to not also register with ALLSTAR LINK?

In this example I'm trying to make outbound link to node
2586 which is at 10.73.73.9 internally..

Back on node 27036 in it's config I of course am pointing
back to 2586 at it's internal IP (not shown here).
Thanks! -Steve

27036 = radio at 127.0.0.1/27036,NONE      ; This must be changed to your
node number

2586 = radio at 10.73.73.9/2586,NONE

Michigan Broadband Systems Inc.
"Always Connected"