[App_rpt-users] Have to manually crank the usb fob to make it work?

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Fri May 14 23:54:36 UTC 2010

Try this version of astres.sh and tell us if it panics or not.

#! /bin/bash
if [ -e /var/run/asterisk.ctl ]
then
	killall safe_asterisk
	service asterisk stop
	sleep 2
	service asterisk start
else
	echo "Asterisk is not running!"
fi

I tried it 5 times and 4 of them worked.
The 5th time, asterisk died (I had two (or three) remote PuTTY windows open
at the time)

It went into a repeated restart mode -
I think this is different than the sound thread problem that led to the
kernel panic.

Somehow, mpg123 that I have on my system seems to have been a factor - I did
not notice if the system was playing sound at the time I did the restart. I
don't think so.

(not everything is shown below, I tried some astdn and astup commands too)

[root at ke2n ~]# astres_new.sh
Shutting down asterisk:                                    [  OK  ]
Starting asterisk:                                         [  OK  ]
[root at ke2n ~]# Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
mpg123: no process killed
Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
mpg123: no process killed
Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
mpg123: no process killed
Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
astres_new.sh
Shutting down asterisk:                                    [FAILED]
Starting asterisk:                                         [  OK  ]
[root at ke2n ~]# Asterisk ended with exit status 1

Asterisk was not running at this point so I rebooted the machine.

I did learn that it is not necessary to restart things just to load a
modified config file

Use "rpt reload" for that...

Ken
27021