[App_rpt-users] Just beginning

Paul pjgjunk at comcast.net
Sat May 22 20:46:07 UTC 2010

Ron,

Try the lsusb command:

The following is an actual printout of a bad device:

[root at test ~]# lsusb

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0c76:1607 JMTek, LLC. <- This is company name

                        |     |

                        |     |___This is the product ID

                        |____This is the vendor ID

The following is what an actual C-Media CM108 looks like.  This is what it
should look like if it is C-Media CM108.

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0d8c:000c C-Media Electronics, Inc. Audio

                         |   |___This is CM108 product ID

                         | ___ This is C-Media Vendor ID

I purchaser my units from a company in Singapore they said they were CM108
on the package but they were not CM108.  When I sent them the above
information, they sent me the correct units at no additional cost.

Paul