[App_rpt-users] stuck transmitting/timedout, can't get it to unkey

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Sat Nov 6 05:49:15 UTC 2010

It does work correctly.  It is currently working correctly but the strange
thing is that intermittently (sometimes many hours apart), it will go into a
state where it thinks there is a reason to be keyed, even though as far as I
can tell there is nothing telling it to key.  While it is not in this bad
state, everything seems to work.  Id timers, time out timers, hang time,
cor, ptt, repeat audio, telemetry, linking, unlinking, etc.  But once in a
while the transmitter comes on the air and stays on the air until timeout,
then drops off the air and then nothing that I do will allow it to come on
the air again until I reboot. From the dump it looks like it is some
mysterious link 0 that is the reason for it keying.
I have been tweaking audio levels today and have been rebooting every few
hours because of making hardware changes related to audio coupling with the
radios and the USB-fob, so it has not done the mysterious timeout today.  I
plan to leave it alone tonight and see how it is tomorrow after running all
night without any configuration changes.

By the way, my radio outputs 5 volts with no signal and outputs 0 volts with
received signal,  I use that 5 volts to drive the base of
a transistor through a 10k series resister, the emitter grounded, and
the collector to the USB-fob cor (cm108 pin 48 voldn).  This is just
temporary as I intend to use the DSP PL decode in the future.  For now this
is working, except when it looses its mind and needs a reboot.
Chuck