[App_rpt-users] Dropping tail after ID

Tony KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Fri Nov 12 17:38:01 UTC 2010

Happy Friday,
  Wondering how to properly configure rpt.conf to drop the transmitter
after right after an ID is sent, with no input activity (local or
remote). Right now it keys up, sends CT, drops. Keys back up, sends ID
and waits about 4 seconds before dropping. Tail message timers are
commented out (but not set to zero).

  It's a new install so I might have something not "standard", but felt
I would ask here for examples.

  Also, I've combed through the archives, but is there a way to not
encode PL during an ID if all the inputs are quiet? Maybe the Event
Management Subsystem might be helpful, so we'll see.

Thanks,
Tony