[App_rpt-users] CTCSS decode in software?

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Mon Nov 15 21:10:36 UTC 2010

I am running version .273 code in Centos running on an Intel Atom
D510,(which reports "Total of 4 processors activated (13333.62
BogoMIPS)") and am trying to use a radio receiver that does not have
built in CTCSS decode.  I am getting audio directly from the
discriminator and the "radio tune rxnoise" and "radio tune rxtone"
setting is successful but it acts like I am set for carrier squelch
even though I think I am setup for dsp CTCSS squelch in usbradio.conf.
 Here are my settings from usbradio.conf.
What am I doing wrong?  Is it not possible to decode CTCSS in software
and have it only allow signals in that have the correct tone?
Chuck

[usb27468]
hdwtype=0
rxboost=0
txboost=0
rxctcssrelax=1
txctcssdefault=131.8
rxctcssfreqs=131.8
txctcssfreqs=131.8
rxctcssoverride=1
carrierfrom=usbinvert
                                ; Options - no,usb,usbinvert,dsp,vox
                                ; no - no carrier detection at all
                                ; usb - via USB radio adapter COR connection
                                ; usbinvert - same as above but
inverted polarity.
                                ; dsp - from RX noise using dsp methods
                                ; vox - voice activated via RX audio
ctcssfrom=dsp
                                ; Options = no,usb,dsp
                                ; no - CTCSS decoding, system will be
carrier squelch
                                ; usb - CTCSS decoding using input
from USB adapter
                                ; usbinvert - same as above but
inverted polarity.
                                ; dsp - CTCSS decoding using RX audio in DSP.
                                ; rxdemod option must be set to flat
for this to work.
rxdemod=flat
                                ; Options = no, flat, speaker