[App_rpt-users] No RX Audio on iaxRPT

Rod Schnell n2oyj.ham at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 16:17:13 UTC 2010

I'm sure this problem arises frequently (and I have read and tried most
solutions in this and other places).
SETUP: Motorola M1225 w/ flat audio in simplex mode -->> URI adapter -->>
Asterisk (CentOS ISO from AllStarLink link)

I have no RX audio on iaxRPT. I have tried different radios & different
computers. Here's what is happening:
1) start asterisk and go in to the CLI at verbose level 3 or 4 (at this
point the node appears on the AllstarLink active list)
2) start iaxRPT, with debug level at 2
3) connect to node via iaxRPT. get the following
*     Verbosity is at least 3
         -- Hungup 'IAX2/gui-4704'
         -- Hungup 'Zap/pseudo-1686370267'
         -- Accepting AUTHENTICATED call from 68.95.77.100:
            > requested format = gsm,
            > requested prefs = (),
            > actual format = gsm,
            > host prefs = (ulaw|gsm),
            > priority = mine
         -- Executing [27234 at radio-gui:1] Rpt("IAX2/gui-3545", "27234|X") in
new stack
       == Spawn extension (radio-gui, 27234, 1) exited KEEPALIVE on
'IAX2/gui-3545'*
4) click TRANSMIT on iaxRPT (or via radio), unkey. Get tone then ID over
both radio and iaxRPT.
5) TX on handheld radio and do test count. NO audio heard on iaxRPT. Audio
is heard on radio connected to URI adapter. When handheld unkeys I get the
tone signaling end-of-transmission. (This leads me to understand that
asterisk IS seeing the radio receive.)
6) with two computers running iaxRPT, when one TX the other one can hear it.
(This leads me to believe that asterisk IS working.)

So with all of the above I can only see two possibilities for things to be
wrong, either the URI adapter has gone bad or I've not got something correct
in the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

usbradio.conf  --original file comments removed so I could add what I've
tested and results
;
; Usbradio channel driver Configuration File
;

[general]

[usb]
eeprom=0      ; added to remove error in asterisk startup
hdwtype=0

rxboost=1

rxctcssrelax=1

;txctcssdefault= 100.0
;rxctcssfreqs= 100.0
;txctcssfreqs= 100.0
;rxctcssoverride=0
;rxctcssoverride=1  ;this added as test

carrierfrom=dsp

ctcssfrom=rxdemod  ;tried this as 'no' and i get a loop of tx/unkey, repeat
                               ;tried this as 'usb' go no change. last try
was rxdemod before sending email

rxdemod=flat

txprelim=yes

txlimonly=yes

txtoctype=notone

txmixa=voice

txmixb=no ; have tried this as voice and auxvoice but no difference found

invertptt=0

duplex=0

rxondelay=20