[App_rpt-users] Phone System

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Mon Nov 29 15:44:21 UTC 2010

You can download a pdf of the asterisk book
here<http://downloads.oreilly.com/books/9780596510480.pdf>.
or http://downloads.oreilly.com/books/9780596510480.pdf

I am using a linksys spa-3102 to connect to my pots line and another one to
connect to my magic-jack.  The other 2 ports on the spa-3102s go to a couple
of phones.  I have it working where I can dial 9 to get the pots line or
dial 8 to get the magic jack, dial 7 to connect to the repeater, or dial
from one phone to the other. Incoming calls ring both phones. I haven't
figured out voice mail, call waiting, or anything else yet.  But it is a
start and most of the info came from the free asterisk book.  As I learn
more I want to subscribe to a voip service like
http://www.callcentric.com/dids/personal_unlimited and also interconnect
with Gizmo5.  Hopefully I can then get rid of my pots line and port my
number over to the voip provider.