[App_rpt-users] Phone System

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sun Nov 28 21:43:28 UTC 2010

On 11/28/2010 06:37 AM, Greg Thornwall wrote:

> How hard would it be to get allstar asterisk to work on our home phones?
> Voice mail, a phone patch to allstar maybe, on hold music etc.
>
> I guess we would need a PCI phone board to interface with the phones in
> the house and outside line (POT)?
> Any good detailed documentation on how to do this?
>
> tnx, 73, Greg

It can be done, but there are no instructions to do this with an app_rpt/asterrisk as that
would not be worth the effort to maintain and document as few hams would be interested.
The version of Asterisk used in ACID is version 1.4 and it probably will not be updated
anytime soon as app_rpt is highly dependent on the way Asterisk 1.4 does things.

Digium recently released Asterisk 1.8 and Asterisk 1.6 is widely used.
It may be better to use a more recent Asterisk version for a phone system.

I run an Asterisk box separate from my radio system to provide flexibility
should I want to take the radio system down to work on it.

For dedicated standalone Asterisk system, the O'Reilly Asterisk book does a good job of explaining how to set
Asterisk up.

Steve
WA6ZFT