[App_rpt-users] Reverse autopatch / Icom 706MKIIG remote base?

Neil Addis (WA5JXY) wa5jxy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 00:27:17 UTC 2010

Just curious if I fat-fingered something during the auto-patch setup.
I can dial out ok.
I cannot dial-in. (Well, I can call in, enter node, enter access code,
it gives me the greeting that IF someone on the radio end answers I'll
be connected, but then it times out and disconnects.)
I never hear the incoming call announcement on the repeater. I tried
bringing up the autopatch from the radio while I was on hold hoping it
was just an announcement thing, but no luck.

Any ideas?

(Oh I am using the auto-config feature which I find OUTSTANDING!).
THANKS to all who worked on the new scheme to get all of this working!
I've been doing IT, Radio, and electronics for 36 years now and I
appreciate the effort it takes to do this! (can you spell NOVELL ? -
on floppys no less!).

This stuff is very cool! (I still have 6 existing repeaters to convert
to the new scheme!......just wish I could get my 706MKIIG to work with
all of this. Anyone have a WORKING rpt.conf for remote base?)

Neil