[App_rpt-users] Would this work?

Keith keith at handscombe.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 06:36:58 UTC 2010

Hi all it's g7dnt Keith on nodes 2498 & 27333.
I have used Ghost a disk clone tool to bit copy my Allstar node disk
and the original 40gb disk was cloned on 10 minutes all tested and is
now a backup of my system
I have been asked to make a node replacement so can I;

Clone my disk again and test as usual on my system then take the other
Asterisk folder from the other Allstar node and over write my config.
Then login and reset the root password to match the other persons node.
At this point telephone the other node owner and get this node turned
off.

Once he has turned this node off then turn on the cloned node with
that Allstar configuration folder at my location and test node 2259.

Before I do the above I thought I would ask as the other node is 300
miles away and I am trying to help a node owner out in building a new
node pc preconfigured that he could plug n go.

Many thanks

Keith G7DNT

2498 & 27333 Allstar
5503 IRLP and Echolink