[App_rpt-users] (no subject)

Tremors834 at aol.com Tremors834 at aol.com
Wed Oct 6 17:24:54 UTC 2010

Hello All,
    I'm running a simplex node, the radio itself  handles any tone
modulation.
Its been said that the transmitted audio seems to be a bit too  loud.  The
URI is interfaced to a Kenwood TM271- 2m radio. Wired  direct from URI pins
22 (Left AC audio out) and 20 (GRD) to the MIC  and GRD pins on the radio
mic jack.
    I don't have any test/calibration equipment but I  figured I could
lower the Transmitted Audio setting using  'radio-tune-menu'. Problem is that I
have the "Set Transmit Voice Level" setting  all the way down to 15 (0-999)
and the transmit audio still sounds loud.
Here is Info from 'radio tune'
Output A set to voice
Output B set to off
TX voice level set to 15
TX tone level set to 200
RX squelch set to 500

I'm wondering if I may need to attenuate the interface line between the URI
 and Radio.
Suggestions anyone?
Thanks,  Gene
KC2WDZ