[App_rpt-users] (no subject)

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 17:36:15 UTC 2010

Not a big surprise. In that exact configuration, you're trying to make your radio "drink from a fire hose" as far as
the audio level in concerned.  A mic level is typically in the few millivolt range and the URI is in the hundreds
of millivolt range, so some attenuation between the URI and the mic input of ANY radio is quite necessary.

As I recall putting a 100K resistor in series between the URI audio out and the MIC input of a modern Kenwood
radio like that should do the trick (based upon the typical input impedance of a Kenwood radio). That's what
we do with the TMG-707 and I have also done it with a D-700 and it worked well there.

JIM WB6NIL