[App_rpt-users] Using a Master II

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 01:13:18 UTC 2010

try setting the rxboost=0  it looks like your signal is very loud and is overloading
the A/D.

JIM

From: n3fe at repeater.net
To: jrorke at cogeco.ca; app_rpt-users at qrvc.com
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 20:54:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Using a Master II

Jon,

I just got done checking things
out.  The same audio that is located on Volume Squelch hi is located on
the backplane.  I just traced the circuit back and double checked it with
my VOM.  Here is a link to the file I used many years ago.     http://www.scomcontrollers.com/downloads/7kgem2bs.pdf

I fail every time I run the RX
squelch detect from radio-tune-menu.  Here are the results for that…

tune rxnoise maxtries=12,
target=27000, tolerance=2750

tries=0, setting=2, meas=32767

tries=1, setting=2, meas=32767

tries=2, setting=2, meas=32767

tries=3, setting=2, meas=32767

tries=4, setting=1, meas=32767

tries=5, setting=1, meas=32767

tries=6, setting=1, meas=32767

tries=7, setting=1, meas=32767

tries=8, setting=1, meas=32767

tries=9, setting=1, meas=32767

tries=10, setting=1, meas=32767

tries=11, setting=1, meas=32767

DONE tries=12, setting=63,
meas=32767, sqnoise=20936

ERROR: RX INPUT ADJUST FAILED.

If I set the squelch setting low
manually I can hear the squelch tail everytime I unkey.  If I have someone
with a noisy but legible signal it just won’t hold.  I can go to cas
and it will work just fine.  Could it be the PL detect that is holding it
from digging?

Any other suggestions?

Corey  N3FE