[App_rpt-users] Firewalls and outbound connections

David KE6UPI dshaw at ke6upi.com
Wed Oct 20 13:38:26 UTC 2010

I know you can connect to an AllStar node without opening the firewall.
Echolink and IRLP I have on idea.

I travel a lot and found that most of the time hotel WiFi is bad. I have
used a SprintPCS USB Internet card. Works great. I'm think of using a Virgin
Mobile (Pay as you go) USB Internet card. VM is Sprint. So the idea is that
you can turn it on when you want. $40 a month for unlimited Internet.

David