[App_rpt-users] Favorite Mini-ITX Board

Peter Elke pete.elke at esquared.com
Sat Oct 23 17:18:02 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I thought I would move on with a positive topic...

One of our repeater sites is solar panel powered without a lot of watt
margin.  It will have two USB connected radios (currently on an RLC).
I am looking for comments on the best configuration for a low-low power
setup using a mini-itx motherboard.

My only limitations are that it will need a WiFi adaptor with an
external antenna jack for the 2GHz dish that points down the hill.  (I
have a CentOS supported PCI card that tested out fine in the home
system) and will need to be powered from a 12v supply source.

I had been looking at the many Atom core/dual core based boards and was
just going to grab an Intel one lacking any guidance.  I just thought I
would put it out to the group to see if there were any recommendations
or "gotchas" and also for any info on the needed SATA flash etc.

Pete/WI6H