[App_rpt-users] Need help, linking split site repeater over IP

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 08:50:39 UTC 2010

The best thing to do is to look at (architecture-wise) the second receive site as if it were a normal repeater (just missing the transmitter).
The controller (computer running the Allstar node) doesnt know the difference (it just *assumes* that you have the tx audio and PTT hooked-
up to a transmitter,so dont tell it otherwise ;-) ). So, you can cause the two systems (or any 2 Allstar nodes, for that matter) to be "perma-
linked" by having one of the nodes have a startup_macro that invokes a DTMF command to perma-link (ilink 13) it to the other node.
They will stay linked as long as there is Internet connectivity between them, and if its lost, will re-establish the connection once its restored
(no matter how long that might be).

JIM WB6NIL