[App_rpt-users] Need help, linking split site repeater over IP

"Jeremy R. Geeo [KDØEAV]" kd0eav at clear-sky.net
Sun Oct 24 20:10:18 UTC 2010

I have thought Asterisk would make a fine system to do a multi-receive
setup... I haven't tried it yet - I realize it would probably work quite
well as described here; but how much additional work would it take to
use this as "a voter" system, where the transmitter site(s) evaluate the
quality of each received signal when multiple receivers are able to hear
a station and gate between them ??

Furthermore, what sort of latency issues would creep up in the "gated"
audio stream between receive sites - where one site might be 30-60ms (or
more) "delayed" on the network and all of the various buffers ??

73

- Jeremy, KD0EAV