[App_rpt-users] ID Question

"Jeremy R. Geeo [KDØEAV]" kd0eav at clear-sky.net
Tue Oct 26 19:37:47 UTC 2010

>      1) Is there an easy way to stop it from saying "to node # # # #"
> when it announces someone connecting. I have it set to say the
> callsign, which is sufficient. I don't need to know my node # every
> time someone connects.

I'll defer on this one; the only other option I'm aware of is the
ability to turn off the announcements all-together...

telemdefault=0

>      2) Anyone had an issue with it saying the wrong callsigns on
> EchoLink? KB1PSB connected the other day, and it announced KT0EE. It
> has done this with a few different call signs, afaik all of them on
> mobile devices.

This is very common - and almost makes the announcements pointless -
Echolink has an ability to be proxied through various servers around the
Internet in an effort to better enable the mobile (iPhone, and
presumably Andriod) versions of the software to work on the various
carriers networks which don't always (ever?) work when using UDP on
their networks. The nature of the proxy is to establish a stateful TCP
connection from the mobile device to one of the various proxy servers on
the network. That proxy will then initiate the connection to the (your)
node; the side effect is that the incoming connection then assumes both
the Callsign AND the Echolink node ID of the proxy server (by IP
address), not the originating device. Conversely, a mobile Echolink
device behind a proxy can not receive an incoming connection.

Read this instead of what I wrote:
http://www.echolink.org/proxy.htm