[App_rpt-users] ID Question

Dale Weber n7pkt at hybotics.org
Tue Oct 26 19:30:09 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:05:03 pm Matt Brennan wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
>   Thanks, I'll give that a try. I was going to try that, but I read in
> the code something about enforcing a minimum of 600 seconds so I just
> assumed it wouldn't work. I guess I'll see.
>
>   Two other questions for the group:
>
>     1) Is there an easy way to stop it from saying "to node # # # #"
> when it announces someone connecting. I have it set to say the
> callsign, which is sufficient. I don't need to know my node # every
> time someone connects.

	Take a look at app-rpt.c and you will see a list of functions you can
assign to DTMF sequences. There are 3 functions that control EchoLink
announcements.  I have my node set to just announce node numbers.

	Create a directory named /etc/asterisk/custom and put an rpt.conf file
there with a stanza for your node functions. Add a '(+) right after the stanza
name. Now you can add custom DTMF codes and associate them with any app_rpt
function you want to use, just like in the main rpt.conf file. I have defined
several new codes here and they will be added to your node's function list on
startup. The new codes will be added everytime you restart asterisk.

>     2) Anyone had an issue with it saying the wrong callsigns on
> EchoLink? KB1PSB connected the other day, and it announced KT0EE. It
> has done this with a few different call signs, afaik all of them on
> mobile devices.

	It will only announce the callsign of the node that is connectiong, which
may or may not be the callsign of the actual user.

	8-Dale

> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 19:32, "Jeremy R. Geeo [KDØEAV]"
>
> <kd0eav at clear-sky.net> wrote:
> > I believe that's just a matter of setting:
> > idtime=0
> >
> > At least that's how I've done it in the past...
> >

> > 73
> >
> > - Jeremy, KD0EAV
> >
> > Matt Brennan wrote:
> >> Good Day,
> >>
> >>   I have just installed the ACID build today to get my node online on
> >> Echolink and AllStar. I have an issue though where the box that runs
> >> Asterisk is interfacing with an SCOM 7330 controller which handles all
> >> ID'ing. I have looked through the docs and can't seem to find a place
> >> where I can turn off apt_rpt sending a CW ID. Is there any way to turn
> >> this off? Our system is set up to drop PL on ID from the controller so
> >> it's a bit annoying when the Asterisk install sends ID through the
> >> controller.
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Matt, NM1B

Open your mind, Read, Learn, Think, Apply..
AllStar Node 2392 / EchoLink 541558 / 73, from N7PKT!
http://www.hybotics.com - NEW main site
Just because we can, does it follow that we should?