[App_rpt-users] Pico Node

Dale Weber n7pkt at hybotics.org
Tue Oct 26 21:40:08 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 02:31:16 pm Peter Elke wrote:
> That raises a good question.  All of the previously recommended boards
> (mini ITX) have faster cpu chips then these tiny SBCs.  I am assuming
> the audio DSP functions require some real floating point horse power.

	I believe a 1GHz BeagleBoard-xM could run at least one URI. The hardest
part is gaining access to the onboard DSP. I think that even without DSP, the
BeagleBoard-xM (also has 512 MB RAM, 4 USB 2.0 Host, USB OTG, etc) will be
able to run an AllStar node just fine. My current node PC isn't all that
powerful (1.7 GHz, Intel Celeron, 512 MB RAM) and it manages nicely. Check out
http://beagleboard.org for more info on the BeagleBoard.

	8-Dale

--
Open your mind, Read, Learn, Think, Apply..
AllStar Node 2392 / EchoLink 541558 / 73, from N7PKT!