[App_rpt-users] AllStar Repeater

Dale Weber n7pkt at hybotics.org
Tue Oct 26 21:48:37 UTC 2010

	Hi all,

	I'm trying to get a repeater project going and think I have most of what
I need to know figured out.

	I'm unsure about the duplexer. Can these be bought from some source? How
do I pick an appropriate one for my application? Right now, I am thinking
about getting two Alinco 2M mono band radios for this project. I've thought
about maybe using the Motorola Maxtrax radios, but am not sure what is
required to program them. I know it has to be a radio with the 16 pin
connector.  Beyond that I'm pretty much green with respect to setting up a
repeater.

	I'd love to setup a small low power local service repater centered on my
church's location. I haven't approached the church about this possibility yet,
since it's still very early in the planning process.

	Those Motorola Maxtrax radios are really attractive because it's possible
to get a pair of them on eBay for around $100.00 or so. Put these together
with a $100.00 computer from our local FreeGeek store, and that's most of a
repeater if I understand this all correctly.

	Ideas, feedback, etc, welcome! :) :)

	8-Dale
--
Open your mind, Read, Learn, Think, Apply..
AllStar Node 2392 / EchoLink 541558 / 73, from N7PKT!