[App_rpt-users] AllStar Repeater

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Tue Oct 26 22:16:45 UTC 2010

The most difficult thing to get in this area is a coordinated *frequency* to
operate on.
2 meters (in this area) has a waiting list longer than my likely remaining
lifespan.

Maxtracs take some technical wizardry to get working on the ham bands -
again repeater-builder is your source. Or better yet, someone who has
already done the required work a few times. An alternative is the Hamtronics
modules. The specs are good and they are simple to work on. Just the basic
transmit and receive - do everything else with Asterisk. Alinco would work
OK, provided you do not have any nearby strong signal competition. The image
rejection and adjacent channel rejection is not all that good.  Used
duplexers can be found on eBay and other auction sites from time to time.
Patience is a virtue there.

GL

Ken
27021