[App_rpt-users] Blind Node Owner

Matt Roberts n9gmr at me.com
Fri Oct 29 20:11:04 UTC 2010

I'm seriously considering setting up an Allstar node.  Since I currently run an EchoIRLP node, but since I can't run Allstar and IRLP on the same computer, it will be a bit inconvenient to have all three.
I want my Allstar node to be as portable as possible.  Having a small repeater would be nice.  I'd like it to be able to operate in a way that would allow me to carry it somewhere and set it up, but if I need it, be able to connect an outside antenna to it.
I would also like to have autopatch capabilities, both outgoing and incoming.
I'm pretty technical and once I figure out how to do something, I can usually do it again.  The big obstacle is my blindness will prevent me from setting up the system myself.  I don't have any local hams I can ask to help, since most of them in this area are not interested in internet linking.
Any ideas on how I can accomplish my goal?

Matt Roberts
n9gmr at me.com
Call Sign N9GMR
IRLP 4515