[App_rpt-users] O/T: FYI - FREE STAR* Project

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Tue Sep 7 19:49:15 UTC 2010

Hi All;

An off-topic post, which seems to be gaining interest amongst the
Allstar community...

I started working on a project called 'FREE STAR*" about a year or so
ago.  FREE STAR* was an attempt to build a vendor neutral digital
communication network and allow bridging between various VoIP protocols
that are in use amongst radio amateurs today (app_rpt, IRLP, D-STAR, etc.).

I'll keep this brief - further info can be found on my website:

http://www.va3uv.com/freestar.htm

We have built a few systems on top of our Allstar / ACID boxes, they
seem to work well.

Anyone interested in exploring this further or wishing to add the FREE
STAR* s/w to their existing systems can contact me off-list for details.

Thanks for the plug!

Cheers,

Ramesh, VA3UV

Allstar Node 2200 > Bridged to XRF005A.