[App_rpt-users] VX2000 Yaesu Radio

keith handscombe keith at handscombe.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 17:13:34 UTC 2010

Good afternoon all,

I run the MB7IIP node in the UK and at present have an Alinco in 9600 Baud
running my node. The USB mod on the key fob works great and I would like to
add a 70cm link. The radio is a Yaesu VX 2000 can someone give us a hand
with the connectivity of this radio and the changes to my USB config please.

I have included the wire code I have and the wire code of the VX2000. I have
swapped the TX RX over as this seemed to me as the only change needed but
still nothing from DTMF. I can go into asterisk and force a ptt as a console
command and the radio will then PTT help now needed as I have tried most of
last night and today. Many thanks for any help

Details are:

The Alinco is wired as follows and  I have flat audio set on key fob plus
key fob is sorting CTCSS

:

The Yaesu VX2000 is as follows as this too has a 9 pin connector on the rear
of the radio. The radio is set in DFLT mode at the moment.

Pin

Signal

Default and Alternate Configurations, Signal Levels, Notes

1

Squelch
Output

High level (5VDC / 47 kOhms) when carrier received. This does NOT care about
any kind of coded squelch, just RF signal.

2

Receive
Audio
Output

DFLT - De-emphasized Audio Output: 100mV, 10 kOhm. The output level is fixed
at the factory by having no jumper at JP1003 and soldering the jumper at
JP1002 on the Main unit.

ALT - Flat (not De-Emphasized) Unmuted Audio Output: 250mV, 10 kOhm.
Unsolder the jumper at JP1002 and solder a jumper at JP1003 on the Main
unit.

3

Transmit
Audio
Input

DFLT - Pre-Emphasized / IDC / Splatter Filtered Audio Input: 2.5mV, 600 Ohm.
This input is fixed at the factory by attaching capacitor C1254 across
JP1005 and soldering a jumper at JP1004 on the Main unit.

ALT - Flat (not Pre-Emphasized) Audio Input: 650mV, 10 kOhm. Remove the
jumper at JP1004 and solder a jumper across JP1005 on the Main unit.

4

Not Used

5

Ground

Signal ground.

6

Auxiliary
Output

DFLT - Not Used. No jumper across JP1001 on the Main unit.

ALT - Accessory Output: Open Connector Output. 'A' lamp On: Low, 'A' lamp
Off: Open. Maximum voltage: 13.8V. Maximum sink current: 5mA. Solder a
jumper at JP1001 on the MAIN Unit.

7

PTT Input

Ground for TX, float for RX.

8

+5VDC

Switched and regulated 5VDC at 50mA.

9

Not Used

I hope someone can assist in the wire code changes from the Alinco to the
VX2000. If whomever can help explains that the VX2000 would work better if I
change to the ALT method I am happy to make the changes.

Once again many thanks

K Handscombe

www.handscombe.co.uk