[App_rpt-users] Parallel printer port output pins?

K&R Yoksh yokshs at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 11 03:01:12 UTC 2011

Hello Chuck,

I have had great luck with the parallel port under app_rpt.

First thing to try is:         (Make sure Asterisk is controlling the
parallel port!)

# lsof /dev/parport0
COMMAND    PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
asterisk 25664 root   24u   CHR   99,0      1010 /dev/parport0

Next, make sure parallel port pins 18-25 are grounded. Some ports are quite
picky about this.

Here is my usbradio.conf template for using an IRLP/PLRI board:

[usb1234]
rxchannel=usb1234
;
pp3 = ptt      ; Parallel port settings
pp11 = cor
pp4=out0       ; in, cor or ctcss
pp5=out0       ; multiple pins can be set to PTT if desired
pp6=out0       ; pins 4,5,6 are AUX 1,2,3, default off
;
hdwtype=0
rxboost=1
txboost=0
rxctcssrelax=1
txctcssdefault=100.0
rxctcssfreqs=100.0
txctcssfreqs=100.0
carrierfrom=ppinvert
ctcssfrom=no
rxdemod=speaker
txprelim=no
txlimonly=no
txtoctype=no
txmixa=voice
txmixb=no
invertptt=0
duplex=0
rxondelay=0
rxnoisefiltype=0
eeprom=0

Next, here's a little script to control parallel pins from a prompt:

#!/bin/bash
# Script to control PLRI Aux ports from prompt
# by Kyle Yoksh January 2011
#
#  Usage: pport [node no] [parallel port pin] [logic state]
#
#  Example, pport 2211 2 1 turns pp pin 2 on
#
asterisk -r -x "rpt cmd $1 cop 61,PP$2"="$3 0"
One last thought, I've noticed that app_rpt will not reliably control the
parallel port if you have a node configured in rpt.conf for
"rxchannel=Radio/usbxxxx" without a fob present.

73 for now. Good luck.

Kyle

K0KN