[App_rpt-users] Parallel printer port output pins?

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Mon Apr 11 09:05:32 UTC 2011

Kyle,
Thanks for the help.  I have it working now.  First thing I did after
receiving your email was ground all of the ground pins.  That may have
helped.
I think it may have been working all along but I made an
incorrect assumption.
I assumed that the "pp2=out1" type lines in usbradio.conf would initialize
the pins to that state as soon as asterisk was started.
It does not.  It just initializes how the pins will be set when the next
"cop 61" is activated or a PTT event happens.
I came up with a fix for this so that the initialization commands actually
initialize the pins on startup.
My fix may not be the right way to do this but it works for me for now.

(Jim, please tell me if this is okay or if there is a better solution.)

Here is a diff showing the fix.

- - - - - - - - - cut here - - - - - - - -

*** chan_usbradio.c-before      2011-03-13 05:58:41.000000000 -0500
--- chan_usbradio.c-after-fix   2011-04-11 03:27:37.000000000 -0500
***************
*** 5720,5725 ****
--- 5720,5731 ----
                if (haspp == 1) ast_verbose(VERBOSE_PREFIX_3 "Parallel port
is %s\n",pport);
                else if (haspp == 2) ast_verbose(VERBOSE_PREFIX_3 "Parallel
port is at %04x hex\n",pbase);
        }
+ //CAH modified 2011-04-11 begin
+         if ((hasout == 1) && (haspp > 0))
+                 ppwrite(pp_val);
+ //CAH modified 2011-04-11 end

        ast_config_destroy(cfg);

Chuck