[App_rpt-users] Remote Command Mode with Iaxrpt

David Powell-Williams dpowellwilliams at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 7 19:38:01 UTC 2011

I have noticed that I cannot use Iaxrpt to send remote commands to a linked
node using the *4 <node_number> syntax.

Remote commands entered via DTMF or the console (rpt fun <nodename>
<command>) work fine.

Commands to the target node via a direct Iaxrpt connection also work.

However, if the target node is a remote base, only one connection is
possible, so remote commands are necessary to make changes when the remote
base node is connected to a standard node.

My rpt.conf file does include the necessary settings for link_functions.

I have asked Steve H about this but he is too busy to look at it for the
moment.

Anybody have any experience with using Iaxrpt for remote commands?

73,

Dave
VE7MQ.