[App_rpt-users] Switching from chan_usbradio to chan_simpleusb

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Thu Aug 11 21:30:32 UTC 2011

On 8/11/2011 3:43 PM, Tony KT9AC wrote:
> Is there a simple way to change a node from chan_usbradio to chan_simpleusb? I have updated my system to do the PL encoding itself and would like to remove the burden of generating PL from the URI.

PL isn't generated by the URI, but the dsp in app_rpt.

I'd just rem out the statements in usbradio.conf for the node in
question and restart asterisk.

txctcssdefault=141.3
rxctcssfreqs=141.3
txctcssfreqs=141.3
ctcssfrom=dsp

To:
;txctcssdefault=141.3
;rxctcssfreqs=141.3
;txctcssfreqs=141.3
ctcssfrom=no

And use the tune program to turn down ctcss transmit to 0.  Don't touch,
 (IMHO) the xmt setting, since the radio will mix your audio in with the
hw generated tone...

No need to use simpleusb.  This is what I did...seems to work ok.
Others may have a different solution.

BB
allstar 27294, 27295, etc
WB0YLE Morrisvile PA