[App_rpt-users] Switching from chan_usbradio to chan_simpleusb

K&R Yoksh yokshs at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 12 16:42:22 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:43:19 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Tony KT9AC
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] Switching from chan_usbradio to chan_simpleusb
>
> Is there a simple way to change a node from chan_usbradio to
> chan_simpleusb? I have updated my system to do the PL encoding itself and
> would like to remove the burden of generating PL from the URI.
>
> Sorry I can't seem to find an easy way to switch it over in the docs.
>
> Tony

Hello Tony,

I've been using simpleusb for a little while, and find that it works quite
well. Here are some hints to switch over to Simpleusb:

1) In rpt.conf, change your rxchannel to:
    rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb2211

2) Copy usbradio.conf to simpleusb.conf

3) At a prompt, type simpleusb-tune-menu. Adjust your audio levels, etc for
each fob, then select W to write the settings to simpleusb_tune_usbxxxx.conf

73 and good luck,

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN
Olathe, KS