[App_rpt-users] MDC Status Reply not working with XTS model radios

Tony KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Sat Aug 13 02:18:56 UTC 2011

This might not be a widely-used feature, but I wanted to post it here
first versus directly to Jim (to follow the rules).

There is a feature within App_rpt where you can send MDC1200 status
messages and have commands acted upon. I've used a MCS2000 mobile and
Astro Saber successfully for a very fast and efficient control method.
Recently I sold my Astro Saber and bought an XTS3000. I can still send
MDC statuses and get them acted upon, but no longer get the "ACK" back
from Allstar.

No changes in software and the logs show the op=46 like before and the
proper Unit ID and status sent...so I'm at a loss of why Allstar stops
trying to ACK these statuses for this one type of radio (my mobile still
works fine). Debug suggestions and code testing welcome.

Thanks,
Tony